Every year more than 500 000 people visit the airfield in Oshkosh, Wisconsin to take part in the great Air Venture. This year GE Aviation is also taking part in this event with the GE Honda jet in flight.
Some facts about Air Venture 2011:
- The show is held at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- The event began in 1953 with less than 150 visitors; now over 500,000 people attend.
- Over 10,000 aircraft typically fly in for the event.
- There will be over 1,000 forums and workshops on a vast array of items.
- Rumor has it that Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, and Kurt Russell will be in attendance.
- A Hondajet and Boeing 787 are both scheduled to make an appearance.